At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Winter berry bombe
Everyone will think you’re the bomb when this cool cake takes centre stage. With moist sponge and a tart fruit coulis topped with white chocolate, this creamy dessert certainly has the wow factor.
Frozen Mixed Berries 300 g, frozen forest fruits mix
Honey 2 tablespoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray 4 sprays
Fine Leaf Gelatine 4 sheets
White Chocolate 100 g
Low Fat Soft Cheese 300 g
Light Double Cream 200 ml
Madagascan Vanilla Bean Paste 1 tablespoons
Egg, whole, raw 2 medium, raw
Golden Caster Sugar 50 g
White Self Raising Flour 50 g
Baking powder ½ teaspoons, level
Low Fat Spread 50 g
- Place the frozen berries in a medium pan with the honey and cook for 10 minutes until the fruit starts to break down and the juice is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside until completely cool.
- Mist a 16cm 1-litre bowl with cooking spray and line with clingfilm. Place the gelatine in a small bowl of cold water and allow to soften for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly chop 90g chocolate. Remove the gelatine from the bowl, squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place in a pan over a medium heat with 100g soft cheese. When the cheese has melted, add the chopped chocolate and stir gently until both melt and combine. Set aside.
- Put the remaining soft cheese, cream alternative and vanilla bean paste in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form, then fold in the chocolate and gelatine mixture until well combined and the mixture returns to soft peaks. Swirl through two thirds of the berry compote mixture, then spoon into the prepared bowl and chill for 2 hours, or until just set on top, with a wobble.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Mist a 16cm cake tin with cooking spray and line with nonstick baking paper. Place all the remaining ingredients in a clean mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined. Pour into the prepared cake tin, level the mixture with the back of a spoon and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen, lightly golden, and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Set aside to cool completely in the tin.
- Before serving, lightly press the cold sponge into the set bombe, then carefully upturn onto a serving plate and remove the clingfilm. Spoon over the remaining berry compote and roughly grate the remaining white chocolate over the top to serve.