On warmer days, nothing beats a Zero SmartPoint salad. This one is brightened with the help of a sharp onion and lemon pickle, so there’s no need for extra dressing.
Tuna, red onion & butter bean salad
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 10 Mins
- 1 medium Red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 zest of 1 Lemon(s), grated
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt, fine sea salt
- 4 sprays Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons Chilli flakes, level
- 1/2 teaspoons Coriander, Dried, level, ground
- 1 can Butter Beans, large, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 cans Tuna in brine, drained, medium, drained and flaked
- 30g Rocket
- In a medium non-metallic bowl, combine the onion, half of the lemon juice, the caster sugar and salt and set aside for 20 minutes to pickle. When it’s bright pink in colour, drain and set aside.
- Put a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant, then add the chilli flakes and ground coriander and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the butter beans and 50ml water and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lightly crush the butter beans using the back of a wooden spoon, then stir through half of the parsley. Season to taste. Stir through the remaining lemon juice and the lemon zest. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss together the onion pickle, butter bean mixture, tuna, rocket and remaining parsley, then serve warm or cold.