At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Sticky Chinese-style Chicken Drumsticks
Fire up the barbecue and enjoy these delicious chicken drumsticks which can be made for under £1 per serving.
- Chicken Drumstick, Skinless, raw 12 drumsticks edible part
- Diet Cola 1 can
- Garlic 3 cloves, crushed
- Soy Sauce 2 tablespoons
- Root Ginger 1 tablespoon
- Chinese 5 Spice 2 teaspoons, level
- Honey 1 tablespoon, heaped
- Tomato Purèe 2 tablespoons, level
- Put the cola in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 mins until the liquid has halved in volume. Tip into a non metalic bowl and allow to cool before stirring in the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Slash th emeat on the drumsticks, then add them to the marinade, leaving them for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Cook over hot barbecue coals, turning frequently, for about 25 minutes or until cooked through, basting the meat. Serve with a large mixed salad.