At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Spinach & ricotta-stuffed courgette rolls
Make a double batch of this sauce and enjoy it with courgetti the following day
Courgette 3 medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray 4 spray(s)
Onion(s) 1 large, finely diced
Garlic 2 clove(s), crushed
Passata 750 g
Tomato Purèe ½ tablespoons, level
Oregano, Dried 1 teaspoons, level
Balsamic vinegar 1½ teaspoons
Basil, fresh 10 g
Spinach 400 g
Ricotta Cheese 1 tub(s)
Ground Nutmeg ¼ teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Trim and coarsely grate 1 of the courgettes and set aside. Trim and peel the remaining 2 courgettes into 16 wide ribbons using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, then roughly chop any trimmings and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute then stir in the grated courgette, chopped courgette, passata, tomato purée, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened, then stir in the torn basil.
- Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in a large pan of boiling water for 1 minute, then transfer to a sieve set over a bowl. Let cool, then squeeze out any excess liquid, pat dry with kitchen paper and roughly chop. Combine with the ricotta and nutmeg in a bowl then season to taste.
- Spread a heaped teaspoonful of the ricotta mixture over each courgette ribbon, then roll to encase.
- Spoon the sauce into the base of a rectangular baking dish and stand the courgette rolls in the sauce. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the courgette is tender and golden.
- Serve garnished with the basil leaves.