At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Spicy fish and prawn cakes
These fishcakes make a fab starter.
- 2 medium Spring Onions, chopped roughly
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Root Ginger
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, green, de-seeded and chopped or 1 teaspoon chilli puree or grated fresh root ginger
- 250 g Cod, raw, or haddock fillets, skinless, cut into chunks
- 125 g Frozen Prawns, Peeled & Cooked, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce, or light soy sauce
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- ½ teaspoons Salt, (optional)
- ¼ teaspoons Black pepper, or to taste
- 1 level teaspoons Coriander, Dried
- Lemon(s) 1 medium, or lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Put the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli into a food processor and whizz for a few seconds until chopped finely.
- Place the fish in the processor with the prawns, fish sauce or soy sauce, coriander and pepper.
- Blend everything together until the mixture looks mashed and just begins to hold together. Do not over-process or you will end up with purée.
- Add the cooking spray to a large non-stick frying-pan so it covers the pan. Take a small spoonful of the mixture and fry it for a minute or so on each side, then cool and taste it. If you think it needs it, mix in ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Using hands dipped into cold water, shape the mixture into eight patties. Reheat the pan. When the pan is hot cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side until they feel firm and golden brown. Drain the patties on kitchen paper and serve garnished with the lemon or lime wedges.