Spicy beef with aubergine & chickpeas
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 small Red onion(s), finely chopped
- 350g extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 level teaspoons Garam Masala
- 400 g Chick Peas, cooked, drained, rinsed
- 1 cube(s) Beef stock cube(s), to make 125ml stock
- 1 portion(s) Spinach, young leaf, chopped
- 80g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Stir-fry the aubergine, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same wok over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the onion for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add the mince and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add the chilli, garlic and garam masala and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant, then stir in the chickpeas and stock. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the aubergine to the wok along with the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the aubergine is heated through and the spinach wilted. Serve with the broccoli and yogurt.