Spiced chicken, lentil & squash salad
Prep: 5 Mins
Cook: 25 Mins
- 2 level teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 level teaspoons Coriander, Dried, ground
- 1 level teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw
- 600g Butternut Squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 small Red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 can(s) Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils in Brine, drained weight
- 60g Rocket
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Combine the spices in a small bowl. Put the chicken into a plastic freezer bag, add half the spice mixture and season well. Seal the bag then rub the spices into the chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Put the butternut squash and red onion in a large roasting tin and mist all over with cooking spray. Scatter over the remaining spice mixture and toss to coat. Season well, then roast for 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. Transfer to a board and let rest for a few minutes before cutting into thick slices.
- Combine the lentils and roasted veg in a bowl then toss through the rocket and parsley. Divide between plates and serve topped with the sliced chicken.