At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Soda bread with Guinness Spread
- 190 g Doves Farm Self Raising Wholemeal Flour (175g + 15g for dusting)
- 175 g Plain White Flour
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ level teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 100 g Low Fat Spread
- 30 g Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 30 ml Stout (Guinness)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 and dust a large baking sheet with the extra wholemeal flour.
- Sift both fl ours, the salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl. Pour in the buttermilk and stir, using a wooden spoon, until the mixture forms a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead briefly. Shape into a large round loaf, put on the prepared baking sheet and score the top using a sharp knife. Bake for 30 minutes, or until risen and golden.
- Make the Guinness spread. In a bowl, beat the spread until smooth, then add the cheese and beat to combine. Season well then beat in the Guinness.
- Cut the bread into equal slices and serve warm with the Guinness spread.