Roasted tomato soup with cheese toasties
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 1 Hr 15 Mins
- 1/2 medium Red onion(s), cut into thin wedges
- 800g Tomato, vine, halved
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), to make 300 ml hot stock
- 2 tablespoons Basil, fresh, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 4 Slice(s) WW Soft Malted Danish Bread
- 2 level tablespoons Marmite Yeast Extract
- 100g Half Fat Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas mark 3. Put the onion, tomatoes (cut-side up) and garlic onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and season to taste. Roast for 1 hour until all the vegetables are soft. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Put the roasted vegetables and garlic, along with any juices, into a blender with the stock and basil, and blend until smooth. Keep warm in a pan while you make the toasties.
- Lightly toast the bread, then spread two of the slices with the Marmite, followed by three-quarters of the grated cheese. Put the other pieces of toast on top and scatter over the remaining cheese, then put both sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is golden and melted. Cut into triangles, then serve the soup with an extra scattering of basil leaves, a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and the toasties on the side.