Prep: 25 Mins
Cook: 30 Mins
- 300g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cut into chunks
- 110g Plain White Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 medium Egg, whole, raw
- 200ml Skimmed Milk, 2 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoons Black pepper
- 360g Smoked salmon
- 6 tablespoons Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
- 1 medium Spring Onions, chopped
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain well, then mash with a potato masher. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Make the batter by whisking together the flour, salt, egg and milk.
- When the potatoes have cooled, add them to the batter, whisking them in gradually. Add the parsley and season with black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add 2-3 small ladlefuls of batter and cook for about 1 minute until set. Turn over to cook the other sides. Remove from the pan and keep in a warm place. Cook the remaining batter in the same way until it is all used up.
- Serve with a portion of the smoked salmon, 1 tbsp of low fat plain fromage frais and a sprinkling of chopped spring onions.