At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Pea & potato fritters with poached eggs
- 500g Potato(es), Raw, Maris Piper, cut into small chunks
- 300g Peas, fresh or frozen
- 5 medium Egg, whole, raw
- 1 tablespoons Chives, Fresh, snipped
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 level tablespoons Plain White Flour
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 100g Salad (zero SmartPoints values), green, to serve
- Put the potatoes in a medium pan of boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender, adding the peas for the final 2 minutes. Drain and roughly mash the potatoes and peas together. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Combine the potato and pea mash, 1 egg, the herbs and flour in a large bowl and season to taste. Form the mixture into 8 patties. Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, add 4 of the patties and cook for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm, then repeat to make 4 more fritters.
- Bring a deep pan of water to a boil and add the white wine vinegar. Break 1 egg into a ramekin. Swirl the water with a spoon to create a whirlpool and slide in the egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs
- Serve 2 fritters per person, and top with a poached egg. Season to taste and serve with the salad on the side.
Family favourite ‘This recipe has gone down a treat in my house. You can get ahead by mixing the fritter ingredients together, forming into patties, then keeping covered in the fridge for up to 12 hours before frying.’ NADINE