The classic pub snack gets a WW Freestyle™ makeover with zero-hero turkey breast mince.
Oven Baked Scotch Eggs
Prep: 60 Mins
Cook: 12 Mins
- 8 Eggs, boiled
- 1 Egg, raw, beaten
- 500g Turkey/Chicken Breast Mincemeat
- 5 sprigs of thyme, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 level tablespoons plain flour (plus a little for dusting)
- 50g Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Boil the 8 eggs for 6 mins, then drain and cool under cold running water. Peel and pat dry with kitchen paper. Then remove the shells.
- Mix together the onion, garlic, turkey mince and herbs.
- Divide the meat mixture into 8.
- Dust a work surface with flour, roll each portion of mince into a ball, then flatten in to a circle, large enough to encase an egg.
- Put an egg in the centre and use your hands to mould the mince around it, so it completely covers the egg.
- Roll each encased egg to smooth the shape.
- Beat the remaining egg and pour onto a plate. Put the flour on another plate and the breadcrumbs on a 3rd plate.
- Roll each egg first in the flour, then the beaten egg and lastly in the breadcrumbs.
- Put on a baking tray and chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees or 180 degrees for fan oven, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs in batches, for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden.