At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Mushroom & spinach spaghetti
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Red onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 800g Mushrooms, mixed, (we used chestnut, shiitake and portobello), larger ones sliced
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), to make 300ml stock
- 30g Medium fat soft cheese
- 2 level teaspoons Cornflour
- 200g Wholewheat Pasta, dry, spaghetti
- 120g Spinach, young leaf
- Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray over a medium-high heat and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden, then add the stock.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has started to reduce a little, then stir through the soft cheese. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with 2 tsp cold water to make a smooth paste, then stir it into the sauce.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and glossy.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain and add to the sauce with the spinach. Stir until wilted, season to taste, then serve.
Add 4 chopped unsmoked bacon medallions at the same time as the mushrooms for no extra SmartPoints per serving.