Moroccan-style veggie shepherd’s pie
Prep: 20 Mins
Cook: 1 Hr 25 Mins
- 1000g Butternut Squash
- 4 sprays(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 large Onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, raw, finely diced
- 2 stick(s) Celery, Raw, finely chopped
- 250g Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 level teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 level teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 level teaspoons Chilli flakes
- 1 can(s) Green or Brown Lentils, cooked, large, drained
- 1 can(s) Tinned Tomatoes, large
- 1/2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), made with 250ml hot water
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist the butternut squash with cooking spray and put on a baking tray, cut-side up. Season and roast for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Once cool, scoop out the roasted flesh and mash until smooth, seasoning well.
- While the squash is roasting, mist a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onion, carrots and celery over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms, garlic and spices, then cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the lentils (including the water from the tin), chopped tomatoes and stock. Season, bring to the boil then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to a 20cm square pie dish. Spoon over the mash, making sure that none of the lentil mixture is visible. Cook for 25 minutes until piping hot. Let rest for 10 minutes then serve garnished with the parsley.