At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Jerk-style sweet potato curry with cauli rice
A Caribbean-inspired curry with loads of colourful veg, perfect served with cauliflower rice
Calorie controlled cooking spray 4 spray(s)
Onion(s) 1 medium, finely chopped
Root Ginger 1 inch slice(s), peeled and roughly chopped
Garlic 3 clove(s), roughly chopped
Chilli, Green or Red 2 individual, Scotch Bonnet variety, halved and deseeded
Rosemary, Fresh 3 teaspoons, finely chopped
Coriander, fresh 12 sprig(s), leaves and stalks separated
Spring Onions 4 medium, trimmed and roughly chopped
Allspice ½ tablespoons
Sweet potato(es), raw 600 g, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces
Kidney Beans, cooked 1 can(s), large, drained
Red pepper(s)2 medium, deseeded and roughly chopped
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned 1 can(s)
Vegetable stock cube(s)½ cube(s), made up with 300ml hot water
Cauliflower, Raw 600 g
- Mist a large saucepan or casserole pot with low calorie spray. Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, place the ginger, garlic, scotch bonnet chillies, coriander stalks, spring onions and ground allspice in a mini food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add this to the onions and cook for 3 minutes then add the sweet potatoes, kidney beans, red peppers, coconut milk and vegetable stock and season well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes with a lid on, until the sweet potato is just cooked then remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes, until thickened slightly. In the meantime, mist a wide pan with low calorie spray over a medium heat and add the cauliflower rice and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just cooked.
- To make cauliflower rice, blitz the cauliflower in a food processor, then cook in a pan misted with cooking spray for 3-4 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir the coriander leaves through the curry then divide the cauliflower rice and curry between 4 plates.