At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Herby scrambled tofu with griddled tomatoes
This vegan alternative to scrambled eggs is a tasty way to start the day.
Cherry Tomatoes 300g, on the vine
Olive Oil 1 tablespoons
Plain Tofu 800g, 2 x 396g packs extra-firm tofu
Garlic 2 cloves, crushed
Turmeric ½ teaspoon
Parsley, fresh 2 tablespoons
Chives, Fresh 2 tablespoons
Plain Bagel Thins 4 bagels
- Set a nonstick griddle pan over a medium heat. Brush the tomatoes with a little of the oil and season to taste. When the pan is hot, add the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and blistered.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu and gently squeeze out any excess liquid. Crumble the tofu into a bowl so you have even-size pieces without any large chunks.
- Add the remaining oil to a large nonstick frying pan and set over a medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, then add the tofu and cook, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the turmeric over the tofu, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring gently, until the tofu is yellow throughout. Remove from the heat and stir through the chopped fresh herbs, then season to taste.
- Toast the bagel thins and serve topped with the scrambled tofu and the grilled tomatoes, with the extra chopped fresh herbs scattered over.