At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Healthier Fish & Chips
Who needs a takeaway, when you can make this delicious fakeaway
- Butternut Squash 800g, peeled, deseeded and cut into thin chips
- Calorie controlled cooking spray 4 sprays
- WW Sliced White Bread 4 slices
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- Rosemary, Fresh 3 teaspoons, finely chopped
- Parmesan Cheese 15g, finely grated
- Cod, raw 4 fillets, medium
- Peas, fresh or frozen 175g
- Half Fat Crème Frâiche 2 tablespoons, levelMint, Fresh 1 tablespoon
- Half Fat Crème Frâiche 150g
- Dijon Mustard 1 teaspoons, level
- Pickled Gherkins, drained 1 medium, finely chopped
- Capers, in Brine 1 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Parsley, fresh 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Add the squash, mist with cooking spray, season, and bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven; reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Blitz the bread in a food processor to form crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the zest, rosemary and parmesan. Season.
- Press the fish into the crumb mixture and put on a baking tray. Mist with cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and crush using a potato masher. Stir in the crème fraîche and mint; season. In a bowl, combine the tartare sauce ingredients.
- Serve the fish and chips with the peas and tartare sauce on the side.