At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Green goddess mac & cheese
- 260g White pasta, dry, macaroni
- 1 whole Broccoli, raw, cut into florets
- 150g Peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 level tablespoons Plain White Flour
- 300ml Skimmed Milk
- 80g Spinach
- 1g Ground Nutmeg, large pinch
- 25g Low Fat Spread
- 100g Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, large handful, finely chopped
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Cook the macaroni to pack instructions, adding 1 small head of broccoli florets in the last 5 minutes of cooking time and 150g frozen peas in the final 2 minutes.
- Whisk the flour with 100ml of the milk until smooth. Pour into a pan and heat gently, stirring continuously until it starts to thicken. Gradually add the remaining milk, whisking until smooth, then cook the sauce gently for 2 minutes before removing the pan from the heat. Add the baby spinach and mix until wilted. Add a large pinch of nutmeg, then blitz the sauce with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the spread and two-thirds of the cheese, allow to melt, then stir in the cooked macaroni and veg, adding pasta water as needed. Pour into a 20cm baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs and a large handful of chopped parsley and bake for 25 minutes until golden.