If you’ve got eggs in the fridge, you’ve got a meal!
Goat’s cheese and asparagus frittata
Prep: 5 Mins
Cook: 25 Mins
- 200g asparagus, raw
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 8 medium egg, whole, raw
- 1 zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dill, Fresh, chopped
- 100g medium Fat Soft Goat’s Cheese, crumbled & rindless
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Seeds
- Blanch the asparagus tips for 1 minute in a pan of boiling water, then drain and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan. Cook the onions over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until soft.
- Beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the grated lemon zest, dill and 50g goat’s cheese.
- Cut half the asparagus into small pieces and stir into the onions. Pour the egg mixture over the onion and asparagus, stir gently, then top with the whole asparagus spears.
- Cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes until almost set.
- Preheat the grill to high. Scatter over another 50g goat’s cheese and the pumpkin seeds. Transfer to the grill for 3-5 minutes until the top is set, then serve.