This recipe is suitable for the Gluten Free diet; but with some of the ingredients used please do make sure you check the product labels – sometimes a little stock cube, soy sauce or even ketchup can contain gluten.
Gluten free spinach & Parma ham pizza
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
- 200 g Strong White Flour (bread flour), ensure gluten free
- 1 teaspoons Caster Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 10 g, 2 tsp Dried baking yeast
- 1 medium Egg, whole, raw, beaten
- ½ teaspoons Vinegar, All Types
- 130 ml Water, warm
For the topping:
- 60 g (4 tbsp) Passata with onions
- ½ medium Onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 portions Spinach
- 4 thin slice Parma Ham
- 125 g Mozzarella, sliced
- To make the dough, sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, salt and yeast. Make a well and pour in the egg and vinegar. Add most of the water and mix to a sticky dough, adding the rest if needed. Mix until smooth. Divide in half and roll each dough on a sheet of cling film to a 20cm circle. Remove the cling film and transfer to 2 baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with cling film and leave to prove in a warm place for around an hour.
- Preheat the oven to fan oven 190°C. Wilt the spinach in the microwave or pan and drain well. Spread the passata over the bases and top with the spinach. Tear the ham into pieces and scatter over the top with the mozzarella. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edge is golden and the underneath just brown. Serve half a pizza per person, with a side salad.
Notes: The dough is freezeable; once mixed divide into portions, wrap in cling film and place in a labelled freezer bag. Defrost before use.