At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Gluten free apple & cinnamon pancakes
- 150g Doves Farm Gluten & Wheat Free White Self-Raising Flour Blend
- 1/2 level teaspoons Baking powder, ensure gluten free
- 1/2 level teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1 medium Egg, whole, raw
- 150ml Skimmed Milk
- 2 teaspoons Caster Sugar
- 1 medium Apple(s), cored and grated, no need to peel
- 10 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 4 level teaspoons Golden Syrup, or maple syrup
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and crack in the egg. Use a wooden spoon to mix the egg gradually drawing in the dry ingredients until too stiff to mix. Begin adding the milk a little at a time to make a smooth batter. Alternatively place the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir the sugar and apple into the batter. Heat a large frying pan or smooth griddle until hot, spray with cooking spray. Add 4 tbsp of the mixture spreading each pancake out slightly, cook for a minute (or until golden underneath), flip and cook for another 30 seconds or so until golden and risen. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Repeat this step to make all 12 pancakes.
- Serve the warm pancakes drizzled with the syrup, sprinkled with a little more cinnamon. Serve extra fruit alongside if you like.