Easy roast chicken dinner
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 40 Mins
- 800g New potatoes, raw
- 5 clove(s) Garlic, unpeeled
- 2 medium Carrots, raw, large, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium Red onion(s), large, cut into wedges
- 3 teaspoons Rosemary, Fresh, roughly chopped
- 3 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh, leaves picked and roughly chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 4 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw
- 400g Broccoli, raw, tenderstem
- 4 medium Shallots, peeled and quartered
- 400g Peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Chicken stock cube(s), to make 300ml hot stock
- 4 pinch Black pepper, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the potatoes, garlic, carrots, onion and fresh herbs in a roasting tin, then add the oil and toss to coat. Season to taste and roast for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dried mixed herbs over the chicken breasts. Nestle the chicken among the vegetables and add the broccoli. Cook the mixture for another 20 minutes, stirring the vegetables once.
- Meanwhile, put the shallots and peas in a small pan with the chicken stock and simmer over a medium heat for 7 minutes. Serve the peas with the chicken and vegetables, spooning over any extra liquid from the peas and sprinkling over the black pepper before serving.