Pasta is a staple weeknight meal, and it’s a go-to dinner when you haven’t got much in the fridge
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 20 Mins
- 240 g White pasta, dry, spaghetti
- 1 medium Onion(s), finely chopped
- 100 g Bacon medallions, raw, cut into 1cm chunks
- 3 medium Egg yolk, raw, beaten
- 40 g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 clove(s)Garlic, skin on
- Mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the onion, and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick. Gently crush the garlic cloves with the back of a spoon, then add them to the pan along with the bacon. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the bacon is golden. Remove and discard the garlic cloves.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to pack instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water, and return to the pan.
- Add the bacon and onion mixture, the egg yolks and Parmesan to the pasta and stir to combine, allowing the heat from the pasta to cook the egg and form a sauce. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce so it coats the spaghetti. Season to taste, then serve sprinkled with more freshly ground black pepper
Try adding some sliced button mushrooms to the pan with the onion for no extra SmartPoints. Add some greens to your meal by serving with a side of fresh rocket leaves.