At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Creamy chicken pies
- 400g Potato(es), Raw, Cut into small chunks
- 125g Parsnip(s), raw, peeled & cut into small chunks
- 300g Chicken breast, skinless, raw
- 1 medium Carrots, raw, finely sliced
- 1/2 cube(s) Chicken stock cube(s), to make 250 ml
- 1 leaf/leaves Bay leaf, dry
- 60g Sweetcorn, frozen, boiled
- 40g Low Fat Soft Cheese
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh
- 2 level teaspoons Cornflour
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and parsnips, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. Drain well and mash. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken, carrot, stock and bay leaf in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Add the sweetcorn and bring back to the boil.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon water until you have a smooth paste. Stir into the chicken mixture and let it bubble for a minute to thicken, then whisk in the soft cheese and cook gently for another minute until hot. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the parsley.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Spoon the chicken mixture into individual pie dishes or into a larger ovenproof dish, and top with the mash. Grill for 3-5 minutes until the potato is just golden on top, then serve.