These choc pots are indulgent and irresistible
Chocolate & ginger mousse
90g dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids)
3 eggs, separated*
1 tbsp Drambuie
4 tsp powdered artificial sweetener
1 ball of stem ginger from a jar, drained and finely chopped
Edible gold glitter
*This recipe contains raw egg, which should be avoided by pregnant women, babies and toddlers, the elderly and those with a weak immune system.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water – don’t allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly, then beat in the egg yolks and Drambuie until combined.
- In a separate, very clean, bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form medium-stiff peaks. Add the sweetener and whisk the mixture again to medium stiffness.
- Fold a quarter of the whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then fold in another quarter. Repeat until all the whites are mixed in, being careful not to let too much air out.
- Divide the mousse between six glasses and put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Serve the individual mousses decorated with the chopped stem ginger and a dusting of edible gold glitter.