At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Chocolate black bean cake
- 105g Low Fat Spread, includes 5g for greasing
- 1 can(s) Black eyed beans, cooked, large, drained and rinsed
- 5 medium Egg, whole, raw
- 2 level teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1 level teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 20g White Chocolate
- 20g Milk Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4. Grease an 18cm cake tin with low fat spread and line with baking paper.
- Put the black beans, 3 of the eggs, and the vanilla bean paste in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the low fat spread and sugar. using a hand-held electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the black bean mixture to the bowl and stir until well combined. Finally, gently fold in the cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Put the white and milk chocolate in 2 separate small microwave-safe bowls and microwave each one for 30 seconds until the chocolate has melted. Drizzle over the cake. Leave to set, then serve.