Chocolate Black Bean Cake
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 40-45 Minutes
- 105g low fat spread (includes 5g for greasing)
- 1 can(s), large, drained black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- 100g light brown sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 20g white chocolate
- 20g milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180’c/fan, 160’c mark 4.
- Grease an 18cm cake tin with low fat spread and line with baking paper.
- Put the black beans, 3 of the eggs and the vanilla bean paste in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the low fat spread and sugar using a hand-held electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Add the remaining eggs.
- Add the black bean mixture to the bowl and stir until well combined. Finally, gently fold in the cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Put the white and milk chocolate in 2 separate small microwave-safe bowls and microwave each one for 30 seconds until the chocolate has melted. Drizzle over the cake.
- Leave to set, then serve.