Chickpea & veg patties with salsa
Prep: 10 Mins
Cook: 30 Mins
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 400g Chick Peas, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 200g Plain Tofu, firm, drained
- 1 medium Carrots, raw, grated
- 1 medium Courgette, grated
- 25g Sweetcorn, canned, drained, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 level teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 medium Egg, whole, raw
- 2 large Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 portion(s) Cucumber, medium, finely chopped
- 1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C. Spray 2 baking sheets with low fat cooking spray.
- Put the chick peas and tofu into a blender or food processor and blend for 15-20 seconds, until combined, though not too smooth. Turn out into a bowl and add the carrot, courgette, sweetcorn, cumin seeds, ground coriander and 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander. Add the egg yolk and some salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly, then form into 8 patties.
- Beat the egg white with 1 tbsp water. Brush over the patties, then arrange them on the baking sheets. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, cucumber and remaining coriander. Season. Serve with the patties.