This classic entertaining dish is perfect for sharing, or simply enjoying on a weekend with the family.
Chicken & vegetable paella
Prep: 20 Mins
Cook: 25 Mins
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Red onion(s), roughly chopped
- 1 medium Red pepper(s), deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium Carrot, raw, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Paprika, level, smoked
- 300g Asda Paella Rice, uncooked
- 2 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh
- 1 can(s) Tinned Tomatoes, large, chopped
- 1 cube(s) Chicken stock cube(s), to make 1 litre stock
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, finely chopped, to serve
- 1 medium Lemon(s), halved, to serve
- Put a large nonstick frying pan or wok over a high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until golden. Reduce the heat to medium, then add the onion, pepper, carrot and paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and thyme sprigs, then stir in the chopped tomatoes and stock and season well. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked through.
- Scatter over the parsley and serve with the lemon halves on the side for squeezing over.