Chicken stir fry with cashew nuts
Prep: 25 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
- 2 teaspoons Sunflower Oil
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 500g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), dissolved in 300ml hot water
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 stick(s) Celery, cooked, trimmed, finely chopped250g bamboo shoots, canned and drained
- 250g Bamboo shoots
- 250g Water Chestnuts, canned, drained
- 1 1/2 level tablespoons Cornflour
- 320g easy cook white rice, boiled, kept warm
- 50g Cashew Nuts, roasted
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until brown.
- Add 240ml stock, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Dissolve cornflour in remaining stock. Add cornflour mixture to wok. Simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among dishes. Spoon chicken mixture onto rice and sprinkle with cashews.