This easy meal-in-a-bowl combines spicy marinated salmon fillets with basmati rice and a delicious griddled corn and tomato salad – perfect for al fresco eating.
Caribbean-style salmon bowl
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 20 Mins
- 4 fillet(s) Salmon, raw, medium
- 100g Sainsbury’s Jerk Marinade
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray, olive oil version
- 2 medium Corn on the cob, raw
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 4 medium Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, red, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice, Fresh
- 200g Brown Rice, dry
- 2 tablespoons Coriander, fresh, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 1 medium Lime(s), cut into wedges, to serve
- Put the salmon in a shallow dish and add the jerk marinade, turning the salmon to coat, then cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a nonstick griddle pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the corn cobs and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred all over. Set aside to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels from the cobs. Transfer to a small bowl with the tomatoes, spring onions and chilli, then add half of the lime juice, season to taste and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium and line a grill pan with kitchen foil. Grill the salmon, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes, or until the fillets are just cooked through. Break the salmon into large chunks with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions. Toss the chopped coriander and remaining lime juice through the rice and divide between 4 bowls. Top with the salmon, corn salad, lime wedges and coriander leaves to serve. 4