At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Caramelised red onion
These fabulous individual tarts make a perfect light meal when served with salad.
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 large Onion(s), sliced into wedges
- 1 teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- 4 sheet(s) Filo Pastry, small, (defrosted if frozen)
- 50 g Goat’s Cheese
- ⅛ teaspoons Black pepper
- 8 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-8 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a rich golden brown. Cool.
- Cut the pile of filo pastry sheets into eight 10cm (4 inch) squares. Spraying each separate piece with low fat cooking spray, layer them into eight muffin tins or individual flan tins. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the pastry is almost cooked. Spoon the onions into the tarts and share the goat’s cheese between them. Top with thyme sprigs and bake for 3-4 more minutes.
- Season the tarts with black pepper, then serve. Add some strips of yellow and red pepper to the onions, if you like.