At WW all your favourite foods are on the menu.
Barbecued chicken, corn & summer veg salad
This makes a bright, filling meal on a warm summers day.
Chicken stock cube(s) ½ cube(s), 70ml cooled stock
Shallots 1 medium, large, finely chopped
Olive Oil 3 tablespoons, extra-virgin
Vinegar, All Types 2 tablespoons, red wine
Dijon Mustard 1 tablespoons, level
Oregano, fresh 1 tablespoons, chopped
Chicken breast, skinless, raw 450 g
Calorie controlled cooking spray 4 spray(s)
Corn on the cob, raw 2 medium, husks removed
Peppers, All Types 2 medium, 1 yellow, 1 orange, deseeded and quartered
Courgette 1 medium, trimmed and halved lengthways
Avocado pear 1 individual, halved, stone removed and peeled
Tomato 15 g, baby plum, halved
Basil, fresh 1 tablespoons, torn, to serve
- Combine the stock, shallot, oil, vinegar, mustard and oregano in a bowl. Season well. Put the chicken on a plate and drizzle over 2 tbsp of the mixture, then cover with clingfilm and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a barbecue (see cook’s tip, below left). Ensure the grill rack is clean, then mist with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Mist the chicken, corn, peppers, courgette and avocado with cooking spray. Season.
- Grill the chicken and all the veg (except the avocado) on the barbecue for 10-15 minutes, turning, until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is charred and tender. Add the avocado and barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once, until grill marks appear. Slice the chicken, peppers and avocado, and cut the corn and courgette into chunks.
- Arrange the chicken and veg on a large serving platter with the tomatoes. Season to taste, then drizzle over the remaining marinade and serve garnished with the basil.