Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 50 Mins
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 125g White Self Raising Flour
- 125g Wholemeal Flour
- 50g Billington’s Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 level teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 200g Banana(s), 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1 can(s) Cannellini Beans, cooked, large, drained, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoons Asda Extra Special French Almond Extract
- 50g Low Fat Spread, melted
- 1 large Egg, whole, raw, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoons Sesame SeedsPreheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a 900g loaf tin with cooking spray and line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Put the bananas, beans, vanilla and almond extracts in a food processor and blitz to a smooth purée.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients along with the melted spread and egg. Stir to form a smooth batter, then spoon into the prepared tin. Level the surface with a spatula and scatter over the sesame seeds. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then remove from the tin to cool completely.
The loaf can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Serve the banana bread fresh for 2-3 days, and toasted for up to 1 week.